Replace your remote keyless entry at dealership could easily cost you more than $100. But you have cheaper DIY option: typically you can buy OEM version of the keyless entry from ebay for much lower price and you can program by yourself. In this post, I am going to tell you how to program your Toyota keyless entry (Camry).
Before you start programming your new key, make sure your do the following:
- Keep the driver side door open and unlocked.
- Remove your key from the ignition.
Step 1. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch 2 times within 5 seconds.
Steps 2 and 3 should be performed within 40 seconds.
Step 2. Close and open driver side door TWICE.
Step 3. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it.
Steps 4 – 6 should be performed within 40 seconds.
Step 4. Close and open the driver side door twice.
Step 5. Insert the key into the ignition.
Step 6. Close the door.
Steps 5 and 6 should be reversed for the following models ONLY (close door first,
then insert key into ignition):
Step 7. Turn the ignition switch from “Lock” to “On” and back to “Lock” at about 1 second intervals to select the desired mode:
- 1 time for ADD mode.
- 2 times for REWRITE mode.
- 3 times for CONFIRMATION mode.
Step 8. Remove the key from the ignition.
Step 9. To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle “lock” to “unlock” a number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 7.
Step 10. For Add or Rewrite modes do the following within 40 seconds of Door Lock confirmation:
- A. Press both transmitter Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously between 1 and 1.5 seconds and release.
- B. Within 3 seconds of step A, press the transmitter Lock button for more than 1 second and release.
- If the transmitter has been successfully programmed, the power locks will cycle “lock” to “unlock” once at this time.
- If there are problems with the transmitter or the procedure up to this point, the locks will cycle twice. If this occurs, verify that you have received the correct transmitter, and then repeat the above procedure.
- C. If multiple remotes are to be reprogrammed, repeat steps A and B.
Step 11. Open the driver’s door to conclude programming mode.
Let us know how it works for you.